Tuesday 18 August 2020

If I Were A Volcano

Lately Room 4's focus has been on mountains and volcano's because our camp is going to be in the central plateau. Mrs Bennett set us the task doing a piece of writing based on a poem called 'If I Were A Storm' by Katie Bloom, but because of our focus, we changed it to 'If I Were A Volcano'. We partially followed the template, using stuff like personification and lots of description. But we were also given free rein to use our poetic license so we could create something that we liked.
Here is my finished product...


If I Were A Volcano

If I were a volcano,
I would glower down upon the buildings, cities, and seas that stretch to the horizon.
I would thunder my portent out for all the lands to hear.
I would spit and splutter my molten saliva onto the shrieking citizens.
I would ravage the earth that trembles at my feet.
I would relish the fiery balls I let fly into the marble pillars below.
I would wreak havoc and destroy as much as I could, before my fury dissipates,
And I fall into my guilty slumber.
I would let the lava cascade down my rocky figure and demolish everything that lies in my path.
Preserving the terror in layers of ash for centuries to come.
Then I would become dormant, resting in the once halcyon plains of Pompeii. 
 
-Liana


2 comments:

  1. Hi Liana I´m Troy from Ahipara school. That was a very cool post. I loved All the words and it had lots of detail in it. Do you like volcanoes? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liana:
    Its me Maddison, I really like you post about If I were a Volcano. You had so good words in your writing I enjoyed reading it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.