Friday 7 August 2020

Making Music Using Soundtrap

Lately for cybersmart we have been working on making our own music. This time we used Soundtrap. But first we chose an image to try and make our music match e.g if it was a cheetah it would be fast music, if it was a book it might be calming music. I chose a picture of a playful puppy. My aim was to make the music kind of fun and playful at the start then at the end to kind of slow it down a bit to replicate the puppy starting to get tired. That was my aim at least. It was very hard for a start to get my head around soundtrap because there was just so much going on everywhere and I had no idea where to start. So in the end I basically used at least 75% of my time trying desperately to figure out how to use the website. I've discovered that it's not very likely I'll get a job in the music industry because I'm not particularly good at it. I don't think I ended up fully achieving my goal. But after downloading it and adding it to my slide with the photo on it I was happy enough with my results. To play and stop my music click on the speaker symbol on the slides and click the pause/play button.
Here is my music...


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Liana,
    good work! And the music fits with your image.
    I really liked your blog post in that you explained a lot about the process and some of the learnings you did while making the music.
    You could make the music play automatically by going to "Format Options". I could help you with that next time I am in class.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's Te Rehua from Ahipara school. I really like your music that you made and I think its really cool. Mabe next time you can make it longer like a real song.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.